UNH Cooperative ExtensionFGlogo_4C_6in.png______________













Thank you to all of our sponsors!


54 Portsmouth Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 224-7867

Request Information

Email Webmaster



NHACC is a nonprofit conservation organization that provides education and assistance to New Hampshire's local conservation commissions.



Conservation Commissions do?

Conservation commissions are local conservation volunteers who work to study and protect natural resources.

Conservation commissions are very active in New Hampshire!

Click here to read more!


You Can Help.

Invest In Your Local Community.
Consider Land Conservation.
And Above All - VOTE!

Click here to read about the many ways that you can help conservation in New Hampshire.

Conservation News and Events

Change in Procedure for Submitting Wetlands Dredge and Fill Permit Applications to NHDES

As of June 17, 2014, town and city clerks are no longer required to mail Wetland Dredge and Fill permit application forms to NHDES. Town and city clerks are now only required to sign and certify that the municipality in which the property is located has received four copies of the application form and attachments. 

After the town or city clerks signs and certifies receipt of the application form and attachments, the applicant is responsible for either mailing or hand delivering the original permit application form and attachments to NHDES. Permit application forms can be hand delivered to NHDES during normal business hours; Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. 

Town or city clerks must still ensure a copy of the permit application form and attachment are provided to the local governing body, and, if any, the municipal planning board and the municipal conservation commission. The town or city clerk must also retain one copy of the permit application form and attachments to be made reasonably accessible to the public. 

If you have questions about this new procedure, please call (603) 271-2147. 

More >>

NHDES Urges Well Water Testing

In light of a recent study released by the U.S. Geological Survey, the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) once again urges everyone with a private well to test their water. The USGS study found that 80,000 residents in Hillsborough, Rockingham, and Strafford counties alone may have unhealthy levels of one or more toxic metals in their drinking water. Many contaminants cannot be detected by taste or smell, so testing is the only way to detect them. NHDES recommends that well owners have their water tested every 3-5 years through an accredited laboratory.

For more information on NHDES's testing recommendations and a list of accredited laboratories, visit www.des.nh.gov and select private well testing from the A to Z list, or call the NHDES Drinking Water and Groundwater Bureau at (603) 271-2513.

More >>

NHACC Invites Coös County Commissioners & Conservationists to Collaborate
NHACC is excited to invite the North Country to a collaboration and cookout in partnership with UNH Cooperative Extension, Coös County Conservation District, and the Russell Farm and Forest Conservation Foundation.

Are you a conservation commissioner in the North Country? Want to know how NHACC can support your work? Interested in learning about farmland opportunities? Curious about UNH Cooperative Extension resources? Looking to learn from other conservationists in your county?

Great! Then come join us on Tuesday, July 29th for our collaboration and cookout. This evening is aimed at those who serve on their town's conservation commissions, but is open to the public and all are welcome to attend.

Coös County Collaboration Cookout July 29th:
5:00 PM - Meet & Greet Attendees & Cookout
5:30 PM - Welcome & Introductions
5:45 to 8:00 PM - Organization Updates & Sharing Ideas on How to Partner

UNH Cooperative Extension (Granite State Room)
629 Main Street, Lancaster NH 03584

For more details, take a look at our postcard. Please feel free to print or email the card to distribute to those who may be interested in attending.

We ask that you please register for this event because we will be providing local meat and produce for the cookout. Click here to register.

If you have any questions, please contact Emily Lord at EmilyLord@nhacc.org or 603-224-7867.

See you in the North Country!

More >>

Become a Natural Resources Steward - Applications Now Being Accepted

The Natural Resources Steward Program may be for you. Open to all, the Natural Resources Steward program emphasizes hands-on learning with topics that include New Hampshire’s wildlife and their habitats, tree identification, evaluation, planting, and care, land conservation and protection, invasive species identification and management, sustainable living and permaculture, ecological landscaping and more. Applications are now be accepted for the next 13-session course taking place Fridays beginning Sept. 5, at Great Bay Community College. Sessions run from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. In addition to being a volunteer program, the course can be taken for college credit. For more information and to apply, visit nhstewards.org or call 603-641-6060.

More >>

Help Update NH GRANIT's Conservation Lands GIS Data Layer

The Nature Conservancy NH Chapter needs YOUR assistance to update the New Hampshire Geographically Referenced Analysis and Information Transfer System (NH GRANIT) with current conservation land information for your organization or town. With support from a State Wildlife Grant through New Hampshire Fish and Game, Ernest Dankwah, a GIS intern for the TNC, is working on a project to update New Hampshire’s Conservation and Public Lands GIS data layer.  This important dataset is used across New Hampshire by many organizations, agencies, and communities as an essential tool for conservation and planning initiatives. Read More...

More >>

Stormwater and Nonpoint Source Project Funding Available to Municipalities

The NH Department of Environmental Services is soliciting pre-applications from municipalities for stormwater and nonpoint source (NPS) projects under the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF).  While this program has traditionally provided funds for wastewater treatment, this is the second year New Hampshire has set aside $2,000,000 for stormwater and nonpoint source projects.

To apply, complete the simple “CWSRF 2014 Pre-Application:” and check out the Stormwater and NPS Ranking Criteria. CWSRF pre-applications must be signed by the applicant and can be scanned and submitted via email to Dan Fenno. Pre-applications are due by 4:00 pm on June 27, 2014.

Follow here for more informationFor questions email Eric Williams or call 603-271-2358.

More >>

NHACC Membership

NHACC is the only organization specifically serving the needs of conservation commissions in New Hampshire.


Member Photos

Attributes Slider Disabled in Composer